sick keyhole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
My poor little runt (I say this cuz he is half the size of his bro) keyhole has become ill. I have recently moved and the little guy didn't take it so well. He has been colored up for the last few days, laying hidden on the bottom and gulping. He is now in my qt tank. I can't get a good picture because he is laying in a plant and is almost all black. The water tested fine @ 0-0-5. He was eating fine yesterday in the big tank. Today he is just nibbling. His scales are slightly raised but he is not bloated.

Any ideas on a diagnosis and treatment would be helpful.

Thanks!

Just a shot in the dark, but what I'd do just in case.... do a water change with a slightly lower temp and add an airstone. What temp is the tank kept at? What filtration?

The tank is running at 70. I am running an ac30 on a 15 gallon planted tank. I did a 50 percent water change right before I put him in the tank. Also, his dorsal fin is raise but the caudal is clamped. I will add the airstone now.

Don't go lower tempwise. They really need the 76-80 range. If you bring it up, do it gradually.

Back
Top Bottom