Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

sick keyhole cichlid

I have several keyhole cichlids that have had lightly cloudy eyes and a whitish scaling on their faces for several months. One of them started to look bloated and so I isolated him in a hospital tank. The fish has been treated with epsom salt and NaCl for about three weeks, but I have seen no change. Any ideas?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How are your water parameters? Usually cloudy eye is caused by poor water conditions, so I would advise you to perform a 50% water change and see if that helps with the cloudy eye. As for the bloating, can you tell me if it's having regular poos? What does it look like? You could try feeding it blanched shelled peas to see if it helps the bloating. Sometimes fish get constipated and they will bloat up if they do.
As for the white scaling, I'm not sure what that could be.

Tags
cichlid, hole, ich, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off