Sick looking Platy and sick/prego Platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy.friend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I saved these bunch of platys maybe two months ago, and am successfully raising 25 fry of the first one's pregnancy. The females were pretty much all pregnant when I got them. I am still setting up my hospital tank but one of my Platy is looking really sick and I thought my other was just pregnant but I am not so sure. She has been hiding a lot which made me think she was about to give birth but that has been going on for the last 4 days. The marigold male is always gasping for air and is moving really slowly. The pregnant wagtail is gasping but sometimes stop moving entirely which scared me so I opened the top and she swam around. Any ideas?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422722774.760650.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422722840.646274.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422722860.747628.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I tested yesterday and all the parameters were fine. All my other platys look fine. And I have the answer for my redwag. I found a couple new fry so she just took her time .

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422832080.076220.jpg he is now in the hospital tank, I see no sign of ick anyways the water is around 80 so the virus probably would not survive. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422832482.854287.jpg he also has a spinal deformity. Could he be in pain? He is just gasping so much something is wrong I just don't know what... His colours are still very dim.

Back
Top Bottom