sick molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leahsaur

Aquarium Advice Newbie
recently my yellow molly has been sitting at the bottom of the tank only to come up for food. and it doesn't look like it swims too well.it has gotten paler and it's back seems to arch more. I have 6 fish in total and a 10 gallon tank. there is another yellow molly that sometimes chases it and it has been doing that ever since I got them. please tell me what's wrong and how to cure it. thanks!

Ok, so the first round of questions:

Is your tank cycled?

How long?

What are your water parameters?

How often do you do water changes and gravel cleaning?

What kind of filter?

Do you have a heater?

Now with all those asked, it can also be that you have a male and female. You said one chases the other, that's usually a male chasing a female. But sometimes the females will chase each other and the males will chase each other. IF it is male chasing female, has the one gotten any fatter? Our golddust female gets pale right before and for a few days after giving birth. But until you answer the other questions, it will be hard to help. Also, can you take pics of the 2? We might be able to determine sex as well if the pics are clear enough.

I don't know. I've had the tank for at least over a year.

I don't know what water paremeters are. are you talking about PH?

the only water changes I do are when the water gets low I put more in. and I don't really clean the gravel but I was planning on.
redecorating the tank.

I'm not sure what kind of filter but I do use it.

yes I have a heater.

no, it hasn't gotten fatter. in fact it is pretty thin and I may be able to send some pictures later.

yea I would suggest doing 30% water changes every week. it only takes about 15 minutes in a 10 gallon tank. By water parameters they mean Ammonia, nitrates, nitrites and pH.

Back
Top Bottom