Sick Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nichole01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_8323.jpg

My molly hasn't been acting right . He has clear stringy poop. His back seems to point downward. He wouldn't eat yesterday. I chopped up some garlic and pellets and soaked them . He ate a few .

I've noticed him and my other 2 molly flicking against stuff. I had it checked Monday and they said it was good . I'm going to get a kit . I was thinking Internal parasite

A good investment for the future would be a liquid test kit - my LFS tested my water and said it was ok to start adding fish - it actually had a trace of ammonia and nitrite and nitrates 0 (ie not cycled) so I'm glad I doubled checked!

Flashing against stuff means they're itchy - either the water is bad or they have parasites (eg ich / velvet)
plug these into your search engine and if you know your water is ok I'd research the parasites and check what is available locally treatment wise

I would definitely advise getting your own liquid test kit. I've seen how pet stores check water; a lot of times they use the strips which is completely inadequate and sometimes inaccurate. :ermm:
Itching themselves could mean multiple things regarding the scales or skin, such as ich, fungus, high ph, dropsy... but like I said I'm not seeing ich, fungus, or dropsy so go ahead and check the water with the liquid test. The only other option after that would be parasites.

Back
Top Bottom