Sick Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgan71163

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a sick molly for probably a good two weeks now. She’s a Dalmatian and I thought she had swim bladder because she’s side ways at the top of the tank and can’t swim up right AT ALL. It’s been like this for a while, I tried to feed her peas hoping that helped but it hasn’t yet. I was reading about Epson salts so I may do that as well but it’s strange because she also has extremely red gills. I’m not sure what’s wrong with her or how to treat her! I don’t want her to suffer anymore please help!

Have you tested your water? Molly's like alittle aquarium salt added to the water. Is the tank planted? And is she eating at all?

Have you tested your water? Molly's like alittle aquarium salt added to the water. Is the tank planted? And is she eating at all?

Haven’t tested the water but I’ve done water changes since and it hasn’t done anything. She only eats if I hand feed her because she can’t swim well enough to get food but she has an appetite. My tank isn’t planted either

Are her fins clamped? Maybe add some conditioner with slim coat... How long have you had her? Are her scales raised at all? Boated belly, pooping still? Sorry just wanta help if I can.

I'd diffently test the water first. Could be an ammonia spike. If the gills are red that's usually signs of ammonia. bigger water changes could be needed. With high levels of ammonia might have to do a few big water changes. Tank is cycled? Just my guess on this. Still could be something else. Like swim bladder disease.

Back
Top Bottom