Sick moonlight Gourami HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironshark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a newbie with aquariums, I have a sick fish, my moonlight gourami, and I don't know how to take care of him, please HELP me as soon as possible, his eye is in danger I'm included a picture of it.

Attachments

• zonaenferma_154.jpg
    zonaenferma_154.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 24
It looks almost like and injury. Do you have any sharp objects in the tank? If so it will eventually heal on its own. If an infection has developed you need to catch it now before it takes the eye. Use a anti fungal medicine I really dont know where you are from so I cant suggest a specific brand. Your LFS will be able to direct you to the produst to use. Once you have the medicine in the water, usually a drop a gallon, remove the activated carbon and increase the temperature. This will probably fix the gourami's problem.

protuberance first, and now it looks like an injury

Hi:
I'm in Mexico, it looks like an injury but it starts like a small skin protuberance, it was cover with his own skin, but as the time is passing the protuberance it dissapear, and only stay the "injury", but it is covering more areas of the skin, now almost is touching the eye
:( , thank you so much for your advice.

Best Regards
Edmundo

Try treating with melafix IF you can find it. Not sure if it is available in Mexico or not. Also, try doing water changes every few days to keep your water quality good.

I agree it looks like a wound of some sort. Like F-18 said, they normally heal on their own but can sometimes persist in water that isn't of great quality.

HTH and Welcome to AA.

I will do it, thank you so much for the info, and your kind welcome to this great forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom