Sick moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I've had a fish that what I believe to be ich not %100 sure but I'm treating that fish anyway. But I also decided to treat my whole tank just incase. But now my black moors face has changed color to a gray like color. And hasn't eaten as much as he used to. Does anyone know what could have amused this if so how can i treat this.

Thanks.

image-2517230980.jpg

image-3543883311.jpg

What size tank do you have and how many fish? and what are the parameters?

He does look stressed (clamped fins) what have you been treating the tank with?

I can't see very well in the pic, I know black moors colouring can be unstable and most will eventually change colour but this sounds like something else.
Does it look fluffy or like fungus? Was the colour change a gradual thing or did it happen more quickly?

What size tank do you have and how many fish? and what are the parameters?

He does look stressed (clamped fins) what have you been treating the tank with?

I can't see very well in the pic, I know black moors colouring can be unstable and most will eventually change colour but this sounds like something else.
Does it look fluffy or like fungus? Was the colour change a gradual thing or did it happen more quickly?

It's a 29 gallon with a combined total of 85 gals worth of filtration. I don't have. Kit so I can't read the levels. The change has just happened and was not gradual. And I treated the tank with heat water changes and a inch med from the tetra company which has worked for me on the past. I'm not to sure on the fungus part tho. And sorry bout the pic quality my iPod isn't very well if pictures.

I would really recommend the api master test kit, you can get it half the price online and it lasts ages.

Since you don't know your parameters I would assume this could be a water quality issue (99% of problems with fish are) so I would really concentrate on keeping water pristine with frequent water changes, do you have other fish in the tank? Goldfish are extremely messy fish, so you really need to keep on top of water conditions. With these problems I would try daily water changes of 25-30% and see how he improves, also make sure you are not over feeding, this can cause water quality issues.

Adding medications can make things worse, if the problem is the water itself, no amount of salt heat or meds is going to help. Get the water back on track and the problems will sort the selves :)

The only other stock is 2 Cory cats. And i did a 65% change yesterday but I will keep changing

Sent from my A/S7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 to the water changes and test kit

Water changes are definitely in order in here. I suspect that either the unknown ich med you added burned him and/or the parameters are amiss. Moors will turn 'grey' in response to chemical burns from toxins (such as ammonia, chlorine or harsh meds). He appears quite stressed. Water changes daily (or more often) for the next week.

If his condition does not start to improve in the next few days or anything changes, please let us know as soon as possible!

+1 to the water changes and test kit

Water changes are definitely in order in here. I suspect that either the unknown ich med you added burned him and/or the parameters are amiss. Moors will turn 'grey' in response to chemical burns from toxins (such as ammonia, chlorine or harsh meds). He appears quite stressed. Water changes daily (or more often) for the next week.

If his condition does not start to improve in the next few days or anything changes, please let us know as soon as possible!

Ok will do

He's worse now his fins are really red around the base and his gills I'm still doing the 50% water changes a day and nothing seems to work does anyone know why

image-3558273374.jpg

image-794684501.jpg

Yeah it just really stinks cause he was my first fish that I've had for years.

Yeah it just really stinks cause he was my first fish that I've had for years.

I had a betta named William for two years. He died three months ago. Its really hard loosing a fish that you have had built a relationship with and one that has a personality.

Back
Top Bottom