Sick Neon Tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the first medicine didn't seem to work, I picked up some triple sulfa last night and put in the first dose. Hopefully this works. If not, do you know where I can find the Furan-2 or Kanaplex? I didn't see them anywhere.

I would just do an Amazon search. Furan is commonly carried by many stores, and is really not that tough to find. I am pretty sure that even the big chains carry it. Though, I might be mistaken.

The petsmart by my house didn't have any, but I will look around. I will keep you posted on how the triple sulfa works.

Ok, so it's been a little while since I dosed with the triple sulfa. Here's my question.....

Is this supposed to make the white bubbles on their faces go away, or just stop further spread? They are still acting fine, (swimming, eating, ect), but the bubbles are still no better.

Any suggestions??

Yes, I did that initially. It's at about 75 degrees right now,

Ok, so it's been a little while since I dosed with the triple sulfa. Here's my question.....

Is this supposed to make the white bubbles on their faces go away, or just stop further spread? They are still acting fine, (swimming, eating, ect), but the bubbles are still no better.

Any suggestions??

I had that - it should make it go away but only got it back so far. Had to put the fish down in the end as I didn't have any furan 2 / kanaplex at the time to try. Are you able to get any meds like these for gram negative bacteria infections?

Are you using any salt? Temp sounds fine.

Back
Top Bottom