Sick oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jc_aquatics

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_6553.jpg
My Oscar is sick and I pretty sure it's fungal. Please help. It is flush to the fish. Also please explain why I need to upgrade to a 75 to help my cause. How do I go about treating it.

Need a better picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dunno.. could he have scraped himself? Doesn't look to bad?? You can always go gang busters on wcs if you're nervous.

1. Look into Chilodonella cyprinid first.
2. Possibly Sporozoa .
3. Protozoans, flukes or Oodinium infection..
From the Handbook of Fish Diseases/Dieter Untergasser
Hope it helps.

1. Look into Chilodonella cyprinid first.
2. Possibly Sporozoa .
3. Protozoans, flukes or Oodinium infection..
From the Handbook of Fish Diseases/Dieter Untergasser
Hope it helps.

On second thought.. this makes sense too! Wcs til it's treated though.

No, better off with many wcs

I also stay away from any of the fixes ,but since you have it use it.
It is like bactene/an antiseptic more then a real medicine if you understand what I am saying. But in this case may actually help !
Formulin and 'dye based' meds like Methylene Blue can be used as dip/bath if not in whole tank.
Acriflavine also is a med/antiseptic treatment recommended. Acriflavine-MS from FishVet, Inc.
Water changes are important BEFORE the treatment so med can have full effectiveness without organics diluting /weakening them...

It is important to clear out the medicines, though, especially the fixes. They are tea tree oil, which is toxic in high concentrations. It has to be removed with carbon and water changes.

Can also try Api Erythromycin or Seachem Kanoplex if you're sure it's bacteria or fungus

Back
Top Bottom