Sick Oscar :( White spots on his sides and ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nameless01

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello guys and girls. I woke up this morning and went to turn on my tank light when I noticed my Oscar had these weird white spots on both sides. I don't know what they are and I need help identifying it so I can properly treat him(or her). Water parameters are fine, just tested the water, about 20 or so ppm of nitrates( a little on the high end of what it usually is, but it is water change day so I guess it's okay) I bought this Oscar about two weeks ago from a different fish shop from my usual to-go place, it seemed like a better fish shop than my usual one,lots more variety and very clean tanks. He's been eating well, more than the others lol, currently he's in a 75 gallon with a jack dempsey (more or less the same size as him) at first the JD would pick on him and he would stay in the corner but after a day or two they began to get along fine, so I don't think it's from fighting. So if you guys can please give me an idea of what I'm dealing with and how I can treat it that would be great. Thank you so much! Also how do I go about treating the ich?IMG_0209.JPGIMG_0210.jpgIMG_0216.jpg

Theres some fungus among us. Treat for fungus ASAP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it is fuzzy it is fungus.
If it is just white patches ,like a slime it is bacterial.The faster you treat the better things should go.

So should I just head over to my lfs and and ask for a fungal medicine?

I'm really having a hard time telling if it's bacterial or fungus :( it doesn't look slimy or fuzzy, it just look like a white spot.

It's not ich.. If it was my fish I'd treat fungus. Is it raised at all? Perfectly flat?

I've done a little research and found that API Pimafix and Melafix are commonly used together to treat fungus and bacterial diseases. Any thoughts on this?

That's stuff is kind of useless imo

Api fungus cure

Back
Top Bottom