Sick platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
My platy has been not moving and laying on the bottom for 3 days. I did a 30 percent water change today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1472438963596.jpg
    1472438963596.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 88
I had the same thing last week with my gold panda platy, unfortunately the little guy didn't make it ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not to be haste, but really this fish is a gonner.
Looks like Fish TB, there is no cure for tuberlosis in fish, just survival of the fittest here.
Cull it now bfore it can spread!!!

Just for my own info , what makes you say it is fish TB ? Thanks .

Might be... but I wouldn't know until i see purplish spots on it

TB is not officially diagnosed by any "look" , as many of the symptoms for TB are the same for MANY other issues...Many.......
Now I can't say 100% that it is not TB , nor can anyone looking say it is...
Disease id is not always easy or clear cut and this fish "looks" to have had some issues for a while now ,so all bets would be off IMO as secondary and stress, weakness issues are certainly involved at this point.
I would cull the fish and hope it was an age ,diet ,companion or genetic issue and keep a close eye on your other fish...
Good luck..

Last night I went to euthanize him and found out he died. Around his gills had turned dark brown and his eye was so cloudy it was almost pure white. Thank you all for the helpfull comments.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I concur cull the little guy and let him leave the pain he is in

Back
Top Bottom