Sick Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ethan7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a pleco that i got about 2 weeks ago. Though recently i have noticed a couple holes on each of his fins. I have checked the water and it's fine. what should i do?

Can you post some photos? Water paramaters tank size what kind of fish and how many?

I have a large pleco some times he gets tares in his fins when other fish rush by and he's on the glass.

Also get this. Every time it grows back. But never had holes but maybe the same thing.

My guy doesn't get holes. But I'm thinking if it got torn and the water wasn't perfect maybe it developed a little infection from it. Post a pic.

I have heard before that the holes will repair but i don't think this is the case with my pleco.

As for the tank size and fish, i have a 55 gallon tank with 11 other fish. I have 7 black neon tetras, 1 red wag platy, 1 albino Cory catfish, 1 upside down cat fish and 1 dwarf oscar.

Here is a picture of the pleco.

Attachments

• IMG_0985[1].jpg
    IMG_0985[1].jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 74
He also has holes in his other fins, you just cant see them.

What are your water parameters? In order for the holes to heal you need really clean water.

Hi,

Few quick questions:

Is the Oscar the most aggressive in your tank?
Does anyone do any fin-nipping or chasing?
I have an african cichlid tank and these kinds of things occur quite frequently. My red-tail is acting kind of strange right now actually. I posted a few down form yours.
Also, there is something called 'the pin hole disease' which leaves small pin head sized holes in your fish, and without treatment, it could be fatal. I hope it works out O.K
Good Luck!

~True

Back
Top Bottom