Sick Ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all, my ram is a bit weird now. Brought him home about 2 weeks ago, and he has been acting funny lately. He goes to the surface and will point himself straight down. Literally. Then he will act normally and swim away.

He is also tough to get eating. He will eat the flakes then spit them all out. He is alwayd picking at the gravel but i dont know if hes getting anything. He is in the tank with tetras, angels, and hatchets. 40 gallon planted.

I have noticed that the one angel has been chasing him. He is mean, but isnt doing any damage really.

Lastly, i came to the tank today and noticed he had a split back fin, and weird white patches on his body. They werent bright, but pale.

I dont know the exact perimeters at the moment, but i do 50%'s once a week and my perimeters are almost always 0,0,10.

Thanks everyone!!

Hi! I am guessing you didnt qt him when you brought him home since you have only had him for 2wks? I would test your water just to see what your exact parameters are (incl ph). If his one fin is now split, it sounds like he is being bullied to some degree. Spitting food could indicate possible internal parasites. Are you able to qt him?

jlk said:
Hi! I am guessing you didnt qt him when you brought him home since you have only had him for 2wks? I would test your water just to see what your exact parameters are (incl ph). If his one fin is now split, it sounds like he is being bullied to some degree. Spitting food could indicate possible internal parasites. Are you able to qt him?

Hi ya i didnt qt but bought from a very nice store. Im unfortunatly not able to QT

Can you possibily isolate him for mealtime (tank divider?)? I would give him a metronizadole medicated food (such as Jungle anti-parasitic or metromeds) for a course of treatment & see if theres any improvement.

Back
Top Bottom