sick ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I quarantined my ram for 5 days which seemed fine but now I added him to the main tank, and he was fine all day but now is shaking and rubbing against the substrate....what could this be? I don't see any ich spots on him btw.

There are all sorts of reasons for flashing including internal and external parasites, swings in PH after a water change, high nitrates and nitrites, and irritation from some water conditioners(yes I've seen this). So I wouldn't start raising the temp or tossing in medications without a little more proof. Plus when fish are infected there are generally other symptoms like loss of appetite and rapid breathing, do they have any additional symptoms?

What are the water parameters of the tank?

Last edited:
How's his breathing? Could be flukes, parasites ect. Irritation as well. Was the water parameters the same in the holding tank the same as the main tank?

Photos? And water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate), temp, size of tank, number and types of fish, water change frequency. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom