Sick ropefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gcoddballs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I just got a ropefish for my tank. I’ve had him a couple days and I just noticed his eyes are now clouded over. I also noticed that one of my other fish started to get ick. I treated the tank today but still am worried bout the ropefish. Any idea why his eyes clouded over? I’ve tested my water everything looks good but I have very high ph. I would like some opinions thank you!this is a bad pic because he’s hiding behind my filter but he acts fine other than his cloudy eyes. I’m just worried and hope he doesn’t die.
IMG_0096.jpg

...is he old? Maybe he's just blind?

Honestly couldn’t say I just got him from petco 3 days ago and now one of my fish has ick. The ropefish died this morning. Petco must’ve given me a nasty sick fish and now the rest of my fish could be infected. I put super ick yesterday and it’s clearing up so everything is good.

Sorry to hear that. Do you have a fish specialty store you could get another one from? I'm not a huge fan of petco/petsmart.
I'm pretty sure that the one by me doesn't even quarantine them first.

Sorry for the late reply. Yea I have some great fish stores around me I just won’t be going to petco anymore. But the ropefish gave my tank ick for sure. I went into the same petco the other day and all the fish had ick. I’m just dealing with that now. I bought a quarantine tank and am doing my best. I’ll be sure to post updates hope o don’t lose anymore fish!

Back
Top Bottom