Sick salmontail catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi. So I have had this salmontail for about 3 days now. And I'm a bit worried about him. When he was first placed in the tank he was getting pestered pretty badly by a trip of featherfin Synodontis catfish who were eating his slime coat. I have now removed them from the tank. I have noticed this white sort of stuff over his body and am not sure if this is just the slime coat or a fungal infection. Also his gill plate seems to have a small tear in it (most likely from a rock)
He just seems to spend most of his day with his belly against there glass just swimming against it. He does swim normally every now and then but then goes back to the glass. The other salmontail that is in there is a little smaller and seems to be doing fine. I also am not sure if they have eaten anything. I put in some hikari carnivore sinking pellets but I'm not sure if their eating them. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402486252.681351.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402486279.942629.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402486305.347947.jpg

Back
Top Bottom