sick serpae tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asimonPEM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
large serpae tetra swimming weird and upside down. he will sometimes lay on the bottom but is still breathing. happened just after a water change,. also he will swim straight up and down.

any ideas???

Have you tested your water? If so post the results here.

I'm assuming you are talking about your 20 gallon correct?

How many other tank mates and what species are they? Post every detail as it helps narrow things down.

What is the temp of your tank?

Last summer I had a betta that would swim weird because it was too hot in his tank. Swimming weird can also be a sign of swim bladder issues. Are you sure it just started after your water change? Was the water conditioned or taken right out of the tap?

If you answer all of the questions, it'll help cure your fish.

He is with another serpae, a neon tetra and about 15 endlers. the tank never gets above 80 and nvr below 75. it was tap water and i added some amquel to dechlorinate. It was the first time a fish of mine has reacted to a water change.

Well until you test your water, we won't know if anything serious is wrong. Keep us updated.

I just got home and he was dead =(. I am hoping this is an isolated incident since all my other fish seem to be doin fine, but im gonna get my water tested asap.

Back
Top Bottom