Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
kal
Aquarium Advice Newbie

sick silver tip shark?

I noticed this morning that my silver tip has white spots on his fin and tail and one on his body. They are not tiny spots, in fact they are quite large and oval shaped. He is still swimming around lots and eating. I have 2 red glass barbs, a rainbow shark and a pleco in with him but none of them are affected. I recently did a water change but he has never been effected by this before. He looks like he could be a little fat but I could just be judgmentaland I don't really know how to do a bcs (body condition score) on a fish. He is a strangely friendly fish and doesnt tend to go above the middle of the tank. He gets both sinking pellets and flakes but I'm wondering if I should be feeding him some raw meat? I have access to beef liver that I know is good as out is from a home raised cow. My thermometer says my tank is 25.2°c but the water feels warmer then that and none of them are lethargic. I just don't know what to do. I am going to do some research at work today but any help would be much appreciated!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
kal
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Diagnosis: ich

Should I seperate him?

Tags
ick, shark, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com