Sick Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a white skirt tetra that is having some issues.

I came home to find him swimming odd and most of the time he struggles to stay upright. He seems to have some strength as he was fighting toe current and filter intake in the tank. Another tetra kept circling around him as well think it knew the other is very ill.

I removed him (he is my fav white skirt as he likes to visit me as I watch the tank :( )

He is in a 1gl (all I have right now for him) and at least in there he is not having to fight a current. I added a 1/2 teaspoon if that of salt (small tank) for him and added a splash of melafix as a last ditch effort. He appears fine and healthy. No bloat, no fungus or other marks on him. I figure I can put him in the 1gl and keep the water very clean for him. I am not to sure he is going to make it.

My 55gl that he came out of.

I right away checked ammonia as today is water change day. It is 0, nitrItes 0, NitrAtes 20, PH 7 and everyone else in the tank seems fine

I bought them back in November. He made it through the night but died later in the morning yesterday. Not sure what happened. Confused. Just one of those things. A bummer really cause I am not much of a tetra person but these guys have grown on me.

Everyone else in the tank seems fine. No one showing any odd behavior. Water is still where it should be and everything just peachy. I am just keeping a close on on the rest of the gang in there because it is a "unknown" and hope it is nothing that moves around to the others.

I do often worry about my tetra when they are sitting close to the bottom and if a fourline pictus cat gets spooked they race so fast across the bottom of the tank back to their hiding spot they have at times knock a tetra out of the way in the process. That is a massive sized fish compared to the tetra LOL

Oh well. Will keep a close eye.

Back
Top Bottom