Sick Yo-Yo Loach ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have 3 and one of them I have noticed the last couple days has gotten really pale. His markings don't stand out very much...his behavior hasn't changed...just his overall color.

Anyone know what this may be or is it normal.

I know that stress can make them get pale. Mine occasionally do it for short periods for no apparent reason. If yours is staying pale I would worry.

What do you consider short periods of time ? Look like he got some of his color back but not all. Still no change in behavior...water test all come back fine...hopefully it will pass. They r my favorite fish in my 35 gallon.

I have 8 Yoyos I've had for a year and half now. Typically when a Yoyo goes pale it is nothing to worry a about. It happens to show the other Yoyo s/he is submissive. It happens after a small fight from time to time, but it's not a sign of sickness. I say this based entirely on your observation that all behavior is completely normal.

I was wondering if it had to do something with being submissive cause this Yo Yo is always getting chased around by one of the others....the color on the top and bottom of his body has come back it's almost like there is a strip on both sides that is just pale...weird...but sounds like it could be what your talking about

Back
Top Bottom