Sickly firemouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are you going to do?

I don't know. Triple sulfa will take at least another week to turn up so might have to use water life. I could quarantine the sick one and do half doses. Problem is I believe quarantining may cause too much stress. Not having a substrate no company and less hiding places may work against the meds.

I just qt'd a ram into the boring tank, it was sitting in the bottom, I felt like it would get harassed by the plethora of bottom buggers in my tank, I guess if it not vulnerable and able to defend itself than leaving it be could work? Keep the water clean, good food and maybe salt? The salt thing seems to be divided in this forumn, some say must, some say don't bother..

I just qt'd a ram into the boring tank, it was sitting in the bottom, I felt like it would get harassed by the plethora of bottom buggers in my tank, I guess if it not vulnerable and able to defend itself than leaving it be could work? Keep the water clean, good food and maybe salt? The salt thing seems to be divided in this forumn, some say must, some say don't bother..

I'm a bit unsure about salt. From what I have learned recently. I believe salt is better to use as a preventative rather than a cure.

I'll have a think over night.

Ok done a 50% water change, vacuumed the gravel and dosed the last of my triple sulfa. Fingers crossed!

I'm a bit unsure about salt. From what I have learned recently. I believe salt is better to use as a preventative rather than a cure.

I'll have a think over night.

All I use for my meds is salt and clean water!!!

Anyways I would just do your 50%each day for a bit and see if it gets better. And I understand your nitrates aren't raising that fast but of you have 10ppm your fish will do better in the 5ppm. Clean water is the most important thing for your fish. You can say you are doing a good pwc 100% a week divided up by 2 50% but if you do a 50% or even a 20% daily you will have better water quality and lower nitrates because you can remove all the debris before it starts to break down and you don't give nitrates a chance to build up at all. Clean water is the most important thing for a fish to recover.

Just wondering. What's your nitrate levels before you do you 50%pwc?

Anyways I would just do your 50%each day for a bit and see if it gets better. And I understand your nitrates aren't raising that fast but of you have 10ppm your fish will do better in the 5ppm. Clean water is the most important thing for your fish. You can say you are doing a good pwc 100% a week divided up by 2 50% but if you do a 50% or even a 20% daily you will have better water quality and lower nitrates because you can remove all the debris before it starts to break down and you don't give nitrates a chance to build up at all. Clean water is the most important thing for a fish to recover.

Just wondering. What's your nitrate levels before you do you 50%pwc?

I haven't been able to record nitrate levels at all on both tanks where I change 100% water a week. This is a brand new test kit and I am doing the test correctly to my knowledge. I have 6 plants in one tank and one live plant in the other. All plants seem to be growing very quickly and healthily so maybe these are taking the nitrates out as they are being produced?

Your first post you said you parameter we 0,0 and 5...

Back
Top Bottom