Silver Dollars not.swimming around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minky123

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i bought five silver dollars yesterday. As soon as I let them out they went and hide which I know is normal, bit I wake up this morning and they are all still hiding. There are three yoyo loaches and four bloodfinned tetras and they are all swimming around happy as can be. Do they need more time to get adjusted or could there possibly be something wrong? Help!!

Temp 80
Ph.7.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
I'm pretty sure these are normal. I'm going to do a pwc today so that should lower the nitrate

all your parameters look good. i would give them a bit more time to adjust. also if you keep your lights off for a longer period of time, maybe turn them off earlier at night, that sometimes helps fish adjust. they seem to explore the tank more when the lights are out and they aren't as visible to the other fish in case there's a bit of "getting to know each other" behavior.

I prefer keeping the room lights on, but tank lights off during introduction. Even for the entire first day, but minimum of an hour after putting them in, plus have them off if you're using the drip in bag technique

Koikid88 said:
I prefer keeping the room lights on, but tank lights off during introduction. Even for the entire first day, but minimum of an hour after putting them in, plus have them off if you're using the drip in bag technique

I do the same. Leave the lights off the remainder of the day of introduction and sometimes half the next day. Just helps them feel more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom