Silver Hatchet Fish sick help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heather93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had this silver hatchet fish for 5 days now. Yesterday I saw that the top tailfin had been ripped off and I'm not sure which one of my other fish may have done it since they are all supposed to be peaceful and I have not seen and of the fish harassing my hatchetfish. I think that it is basically dieing since it keeps swimming down to the bottom of the tank and laying in the fake grass, but when I shooed it with the net it swam away fine. Should I just remove it from the tank? It's still breathing but keeps goin back to the same corner :/

I'm not sure why you are blaming other people for this? It's a public forum and sometimes things get lost or people don't respond. I'm currently dealing with a sick fish myself possibly worms and no one has responded to my thread. I don't blame people for it. You didn't offer many details so it's hard to offer help as well.. Knowing the size of your tank and other fish would have been helpful.

I'm sorry you lost your fish. From another thread you posted in it's most likely the incorrect school numbers by the sounds of it. Though they are peaceful fish in your tank if kept in improper environment(over stocked, too small of a tank or incorrect numbers in a school) They will become stressed and their temperament will change. An otherwise peaceful fish can turn aggressive and begin attacking others because it feels threatened. This can be very common with tetras. Just throwing this out there to perhaps help you avoid this again in the future

I hope you are able to get your tank back on the level and avoid more deaths

Back
Top Bottom