Skinny female guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

avcc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey I was wondering if any one had any ideas as to why my 3 female guppies are looking skinny and they hang around at the top of the water not doing alot. They have recently all had baby's so could this be something to do with it? My male guppies and other fish are all happy and looking fine. Here's a picture to show you. Any info would be very helpfull as I don't want to lose these cos they are really pretty female guppies.

image-1507350388.jpg

Update to my female guppies, they are still looking skinny and under the weather and one female gave birth again yesterday and I think it's her 2day that is sort of floating vertical with her nose facing the top of the water. I think I'm going to lose them all. No one here seemed to have a answer but not to worry. I still have no idea what's wrong with them but I am pretty sure they are going to die :(

I'm only new here but the general info members need to help you out includes all of your water test results as well as tank mates and tank size. Maybe if you can provide those details someone will help out.

I hope your fish perk up.

Anything funny with my guppies and I give them a couple of feeds of clan Ed shelled mashed peas, I find one of mine swims funny sometimes due to poo problems

Im pretty sure it's something to do with giving birth cos all my other fish are fine, it's only the female guppies that has given birth. I have 3 guppies at the min, 1 is dying, that's obvious and one I did see eat some blood worm :) so maybe 2 will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom