skinny fish. what can i do to help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have a male swordtail who is looking really skinny. he seems to be getting pickes on because when i try feeding him with the other fish they chase him away from the food. how can i get any food into him if the other fish chase him away

Is he trying to eat? If so you can hand feed him by getting a straw and putting the food in one end and your finger over the top of the other end, release your finger from the top and drop it right in front of him and him only and keeping the other fish away

If he's sick its a battle for the fittest so they will chase him off, 15 years ago my uncle had a baby whale you had to hand feed cause they are slow swimmers and the food would be gone before he got to any

Is he trying to eat? If so you can hand feed him by getting a straw and putting the food in one end and your finger over the top of the other end, release your finger from the top and drop it right in front of him and him only and keeping the other fish away

he will try to get the food, but he can usually only get a few bits before the other fish chase him away

Back
Top Bottom