Skinny guppies with arch backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billybass

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank with 5 guppies and about 12 Ramshorn snails (they've gotten out of control) and a bunch of big leafy plants. My female guppy has an arched back and a flat stomach. She is still eating, but she only stays at the surface for some reason. One of my male guppies has a drooping back, and he only stays at the surface. I've been out of town for a while and haven't been able to change the water for the past month. I did some research, and it looks like Fish Tuberculosis (Wasting Disease), but I really hope it's not!! I added pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 85
Looks like fish TB to me. If so, no viable cure. Probably best to net them out ASAP.
In all my years in the hobby only had TB occur 1x. Two Denison barbs backs began bending. Happened rapidly, out of the blue.
All I could do was get them out of the tank, then make 30% WC. Some sites suggest a total sterilization of the infected tank. I chose not to go that route.
None of the other fish in the tank got sick.
Hope this helps.

Looks like fish TB to me. If so, no viable cure. Probably best to net them out ASAP.
In all my years in the hobby only had TB occur 1x. Two Denison barbs backs began bending. Happened rapidly, out of the blue.
All I could do was get them out of the tank, then make 30% WC. Some sites suggest a total sterilization of the infected tank. I chose not to go that route.
None of the other fish in the tank got sick.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom