Skinny ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry you are very helpful. Thanks for input. I was just asking how much prazipro to add back after the first water change is all. I will add enough to treat the entire tank again. Right? Not just enough to treat the amount of water I changed. Also interested in this awesome ph you speak of, but I will try to stay focused on the problem @ hand. My bad! I definitely am interested in discus as well.

PH can be dropped naturally with Peat and Indian Almond leaves. It will happen slowly, but it will be stable. Finally, your fish will love the PH and the softness. There us a product called Discus Buffer that locks your PH at 6.5. It is made by Seachems, and also packs the necessary trace minerals and other stuff for both fish and plants. I use R/O water with my Discus, but R/O water has a lot of the good stuff stripped out of it. I use a product called Seachems Essentials to make my super clean water, the best it can be. Fish and live plants are a challenge! I have to admit, the fish are much easier to care for than the plants. IMO plants are very hard! If i could ever get the plants to thrive, I would be very happy indeed.
D

I make my own. I have PIX of my setup in one of my public albums. I cobbled the pieces together with various home filtration parts from Home Depot and Lowes. I built the system a little at a time but my main feature is carbon scrubbers. The canisters and inserts can be found for about $35.00 each. I have them connected in a series of 3, before it goes to a 30 micron scrubber, then to the R/O membrane and finally through the DI stage. My only other step is a trickle through peat and indian almond leaves. After that, it goes into my 64 gallon storage drum.
D

Back
Top Bottom