Slight scale issue on our Denison Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MymonkeyMoue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We noticed a little spot on one of our Denisons. It doesn't look like ich, which we had a long while back. Looks more like a few scales are.. out of place? It also just had a pretty nice growth spurt and is now the largest among them.

It's too hard to catch it with a camera, so here's a short video:

It swims out of the top right corner a few seconds in and I try to follow as best I can. It's still hard to see and not much to go on, but hope someone may have an idea. He's acting completely normal- active, eating, etc.

Our tank specs:
55 Gallon planted community tank, hob bio-wheel marineland filter. 72 degrees, ph is steady at 6.6 ( we have a fair amount of driftwood) nitrates/nitrites/ammonia all zero.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

From that short video, to me, it looks like he ran into something and has a little cut. I say this because my Severum has something that looks similar at the moment except on his forehead. Also, I notice that whenever he gets spooked he jets away without any sense of direction and sometimes runs into driftwood. Just my two cents.

Keep the water clean and monitor it for a while, we don't want a fungus infection.

Back
Top Bottom