Small angel not growing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought two angels about the size of a quarter at the same time and my black angel has really taken off but my koi is still small and thin. He eats like a pig and I gave my whole tank the de wormer from angels plus. How fast should they be growing? He acts fine but just isn't growing like my black one...

My angels are doing the same thing. One shot up in size while the other hasn't gotten quit as big yet. What size tank and what other fish do y have

I have a 55 with three angels,1 dwarf sunset gourami, 11 assorted cories(4 small), 3 loaches, 2 snails, and a feather fin albino bn plecy. One angel I got later is growing good as well as the black one but it's just the koi. He eats good and such and there isn't any bullying he hangs with the other two. I just don't understand:/

Well your tank is big enough, and if there isn't any bullying going on between the angels I believe he is not fine. He will grow it will just take some time. No worries

i raise angels and they all grow at different rates all the way from fry to adult

That makes me feel so much better guys!! Thanks!! I had a dwarf gourami that just passed away with some sort of internal parachute that he couldn't pass and now I'm a worried mother!! They all act great but I still freak out!!! They were bred by a local hobbyist so I know they are good stock but a parent still worries;)

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure your other fishies will be fine!

I wouldn't worry. I got a group of young angelfish from the same spawn about a month ago and they ranged from pea sized up to almost nickel sized, and they are still all different sizes. Some just grow faster than others do.

hcourts said:
Haha!! Internal parachute!! I just saw that!! I hate spell check!!

I saw it too. It gave me a giggle, I don't think I could pass one of those, either! Hilarious typo aside, I'm really sorry you lost the gourami. It always sucks when you can't get a fish better in time.

Back
Top Bottom