small white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pejtu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know its called itch or somethign, I added 2 RAms in my tanks a weekk go, now one of them has a lot, and 4 of my 6 neons, definitly have, the loach seems untouched,i'd liek to solve this in a natural way.Can I . Temperature at the moment is 31 degrees.I feed once daily.and light is on from 830 in the evening till 6 or 7 in the morning. I have fresh plants as well.

"and light is on from 830 in the evening till 6 or 7 in the morning. "

ummmm...this may be your problem. You have the timing of the lights all wrong. It's supposed to be on all day and then shut off at night..........................................................
also, do you have a heater to keep your temperatures stable?

oops!

hahaha
-Dan

It does sound like your fish are stressed from the constant light. Fish need to sleep too. And depending on what your water parameters are, that could also be a factor.

The most natural way to get through ich is by turning the temp up to 82 degrees F (by doing this it will speed up the stages of the ich) and adding 1tbsp of salt (this helps by providing better gill function) for every 5 gallons of water.

But tetra's aren't able to tolerate the salt. Meds will only work on the ich once the parasite falls off the fish and lands on the gravel and not while the parasite is underneath the skin. I would definitely read that article that Menagerie provided to you.

FawnN said:
It does sound like your fish are stressed from the constant light. Fish need to sleep too. And depending on what your water parameters are, that could also be a factor.

The most natural way to get through ich is by turning the temp up to 82 degrees F (by doing this it will speed up the stages of the ich) and adding 1tbsp of salt (this helps by providing better gill function) for every 5 gallons of water.

But tetra's aren't able to tolerate the salt. Meds will only work on the ich once the parasite falls off the fish and lands on the gravel and not while the parasite is underneath the skin. I would definitely read that article that Menagerie provided to you.
How often to you add the salt? My tempature is about 80 or 81.

whats 82 F in degrees?
No in the morning there's no light at all in the room,I have a blind a two layers of curtans which I draw.The thing that I do light them up at night is because during the day i'm rarely home so I bever end up seeing them.

Also can someone explain how to add pictures to the post.

OK first off 82 degrees Ferinhite. and if your a celcius man.. its roughly 27 Degreese Celcius. And how to add a pic... look below the Subject box when you create a reply or a message... There are a few buttons. There is one with a b one box with a / another with a u... well if you look all the way to the right there is a box with Img in it... what you want to do it when you post a pic you hit the button with the Img in it. When type in the Url of your picture. then hit the button agian after you typed it in. Should look something liek the folloing...

[ i m g ]www.tacos.com/myfish.jpg[ / i m g ] but without the spaces [/img]

To add a pic to a post, hit the preview button and then you will see all sorts of options.

Are you still dealing with ich? 86F or 30C is the temp you should be treating the tank with.

Back
Top Bottom