Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DGAFPolar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought my Mystery Snail was dead, so i took it out and put it in a plastic box to get rid of it. I felt bad about it so i waited an hour or so to do it and when i came back he was on the side....alive, so i put hm back in the tank and he came out for a lil bit but kept his body kinda small. He never moved all night or this morning, thought he was hurt or something so i moved him....he still wont move, every once in a while i see one of his toobs start to come out...but then he puts it away and he's still again. The water is ok, no other animal in the tank is acting weird......any help?

right now he's trying to come out....part of his body is our and his toobs are waving about....it's like he's stuck in there or something....if i put him on his escape hatch (propery "up") he just tips himself over.....i'm so confused....it seems like he can no longer get his whole body out or something....his head barely comes our and it seems like 75% of his body wont pop out for him

Hi. That's normal for mystery snails. They sleep or stay dormant for a while to digest. When I got my mystery snails I was worried about the same thing. The longest time my mystery snail didn't move was over 2 days. Your mystery snail is fine :)

First off, I would try a partial water change and get some fresh water in there to see if that might make a difference.

i threw an algae tab in there beside him and he's going for it....i got pics im trying to put up, he keeps picking up rocks and balling them up on the bottom of his body

DGAFPolar said:
i threw an algae tab in there beside him and he's going for it....i got pics im trying to put up, he keeps picking up rocks and balling them up on the bottom of his body

That is normal. You'll get use to that behavior. How long ago did you add the snail?

pics

here r some cell phone pics

Attachments

• 226653_152736984792427_100001683805479_319190_680072_n.jpg
    226653_152736984792427_100001683805479_319190_680072_n.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 230763_152737244792401_100001683805479_319192_2644947_n.jpg
    230763_152737244792401_100001683805479_319192_2644947_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 56
Now Pepe the Ghost shrimp is chilling with him and the guppies are bumping his shell....ugh, they have never acted like this

Is The snail is moving in and out of the shell? You put an algae wafer next to the snail may be that's why the Shrimp and guppies are all over him.

he moves slightly out, then back in...but not 100% in....he's not closed up, he has rocks stuck to his body, he sticks a tube out and then brings it back in...

DGAFPolar said:
he moves slightly out, then back in...but not 100% in....he's not closed up, he has rocks stuck to his body, he sticks a tube out and then brings it back in...

That is normal. Nothing to worry about. Before you know it The snail will be up and running around your tank looking for food. Then back to not moving again. Normal.

i plan on it....right now i have 4 female guppies, 2 males...one potbelly, 2 catfish, a ghost shrimp and the snail. i want more shrimp (bc they don't really effect the tank too much) and another snail, i keep a 10g tank for babies and what not, my god son has a turtle who feeds on the babies. He also keeps some in his own little 5g tank

Cecil (the snail) is now making his way across the tank, after 3 days he's finally moving more then an inch

DGAFPolar said:
Cecil (the snail) is now making his way across the tank, after 3 days he's finally moving more then an inch

There you go :D told you not to worry :)

Back
Top Bottom