Snail gives parasite to betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frecklesfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new to the fish owning world and I thought things were going quite well until now. I have a male betta fish and two african dwarf frogs in a 5.5 gallon heated and filtered tank that i do complete water changes in weekly. I use water conditioner each time as well. I recently picked up an apple snail for the tank and since then my poor betta has not been in very good health. He seems to have fin rot as well as some strange black thing hanging off him, I don't know of it's a parasite or part of a rotten fin. I'll include before snail/after snail pictures and a picture of the strange thing on him. I am going to pick up something to treat the fun rot today but I don't know what to do about the parasite thing? Also will any medication hurt my frogs or snail?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388153592.322672.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388153605.774378.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388153618.098243.jpg

Could you post your water parameters that would help greatly. How often do you do a pwc?

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Back
Top Bottom