Something on my fish?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rpbustillo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just noticed this morning one of my fish have some sort of white "bumps" all over it. Can anybody tell me what this is??

Attachments

• image-950465953.jpg
    image-950465953.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4274968667.jpg
    image-4274968667.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 68
That fish has an extreme case. I highly doubt it will make it through treatment.

That being said, I would definitely treat the whole tank. Many people have successfully treated ich with just heat and salt; but, in your case I would use meds. What fish do you have?

Not to step on your toes BigBanker but do you remember my guy? Is was bad!! Heat and salt did the trick :)

Ok thanks everybody I have ick meds and salt

Don't use meds and salt, at least make sure its ok. Most of the time when using meds they will recommend just meds.Personally I ld stay away from meds. They can he harsh and stain your silicon, decor etc.

If you did the heat/salt method. You would treat for 10-14 days.

Slowly raise temp to 86 degrees

1 tablespoon of Kosher salt per 5 gallons dissolved in a cup of tank water everyday.

With the temp so high your going to have to lower your water level so the filters are really agitating the surface to help oxygenate the water. You also add an air stone.

Every 2nd day do a 50% water change and give your substrate and decor a really good cleaning.

After the 14th day if you don't see any signs of "white spots" ich treat for 2-3 more days.

Don't use meds and salt, at least make sure its ok. Most of the time when using meds they will recommend just meds.Personally I ld stay away from meds. They can he harsh and stain your silicon, decor etc.

If you did the heat/salt method. You would treat for 10-14 days.

Slowly raise temp to 86 degrees

1 tablespoon of Kosher salt per 5 gallons dissolved in a cup of tank water everyday.

With the temp so high your going to have to lower your water level so the filters are really agitating the surface to help oxygenate the water. You also add an air stone.

Every 2nd day do a 50% water change and give your substrate and decor a really good cleaning.

After the 14th day if you don't see any signs of "white spots" ich treat for 2-3 more days.

Good advice.

Just remember one OR the other; but not both.

I forgot to add... When you do your water changes at 50% ONLY add salt for water taken out NOT total tank volume.

Hi sorry to jack your post but is it possible to treat ich with just heat??

Started to adjust the heat an went to the store when I came back my fish was dead :( I checked all my other fish over an nobody else seems to have it yet (at least no visible signs yet)

Thanks everybody for the help I have an update everything looks to be back to normal, tried the heat and salt. Everybody now appears to be healthy I did lose the Dalmatian to the ick, and somehow the tank did a mini cycle that I didn't catch in time and I lost 3 angels ?

Back
Top Bottom