Something really wrong with guppy- URGENT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
My poor little black female guppy is struggling to swim. She is doing a lot of resting on the bottom. Her poo is clear/white, so I am treating for internal parasites. She has been like this for week now. I don't want her to die- please help!
Levels are 0,0,10, all other fish are fine

image-262335577.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic

image-3543937451.jpg

The thin clear line is her poo
Edit- should I treat with Macaryn 2 or parasite treatment?or Macaryn?

Clear poo could mean a parasite... If she is still eating, try to give her a medicated food, jungle sells pellets with antii-parasite medication. Maybe WalMart carry it.
If she is not eating, you will need to treat the tank with an anti parasite medication.

But you said that you are already using medicine against parasites... So if doesn't improve, I would give a shoot with the Maracyn 2.

ejaramillo01 said:
Clear poo could mean a parasite... If she is still eating, try to give her a medicated food, jungle sells pellets with antii-parasite medication. Maybe WalMart carry it.
If she is not eating, you will need to treat the tank with an anti parasite medication.

But you said that you are already using medicine against parasites... So if doesn't improve, I would give a shoot with the Maracyn 2.

I haven't treated yet. She can't swim well enough to eat.

emerald76 said:
I haven't treated yet. She can't swim well enough to eat.

Just realized I have a problem. I just added a new filter with carbon two days ago. Can I add the meds?

Remove the carbon otherwise it will absorb the meds. Good luck I really hope she does okay. If y have any Cories half the dose. Sorry about her. :(

Samzter said:
Remove the carbon otherwise it will absorb the meds. Good luck I really hope she does okay. If y have any Cories half the dose. Sorry about her. :(

I can't do half the dose as they are in tablet form

Samzter said:
Oh okay then. They ought to be alright. I thought it was liquid. Sorry.

It's okay. She's doing better in isolation, getting some R&R

Clean water will help but medications will help probably.

Just got rid of 8 guppies so down to twelve fish-3 cories, 9 guppies, and fry

eduguy said:
What did you do with your 8 guppies?

Sold them
Was supposed to get $1 each but only got 5 dollars as they were pretty small

Unfortunately she passed today. However, she left one single tiny fry behind in her hospital net.
Rest in Peace, Onyx.

Her baby is not named yet- ideas?

Back
Top Bottom