Sos angelfish need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434895093.022570.jpg below is tiger the angelfish. I've had him for a month and he has always been a hardy angel ( he's gone through a lot) this angel means a lot to me he was my first ever angel and I love him very much. I noticed this morning that he was slow and not eating. Soon after he sank to the sand and Kaye's there only his gills moving. Right before he was up in my floating anachris using it as like a lifeguard. I'm convinced he has minutes or hours to live. I do not know if I can help him because it looks like he is bloated. I do water changes every two weeks 25% yesterday I added 3 cherry barbs and one gold barb( I'm relocating the gold barb) my angel has a.ways been healthy up until now. How can I help him and what can I do( I moved him to a 1.5 for quarantine)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

He has this red spiky thingy near his anal fin. Not sure if that's normal

Search camalanus for the red spike thing and up your water changes(considerably!).
25% may not even be enough done weekly.
I will GENERALISE and say most successful keepers are in the 40-75% waterchange a week range.
What water did you put in the hospital tank?

Well it's just him he's very small and the quarantine has clean de chlorinated water

Clean water is good.
Have you looked into the camalanus?
If this is it then you need to treat the tank,whether the angel lives or not.

How do Ik of it calamanus? My angel has always had the red thing I think. I just payed closer attention to it today. I'm doing a 40 percent water change as we speak. I think it's bloating or swim bladder. If it's calamanus what would you reccomend I do

Nvm it looks EXACKTY Like calamanus will treat ASAP Thx coral bandit you mighta just saved tigers life and the barbs life

Will the treat,net be in big chain stores because those are the easiest stores to get to for me

Nvm it looks EXACKTY Like calamanus will treat ASAP Thx coral bandit you mighta just saved tigers life and the barbs life

To cure camalanus I would only do one thing!
Get in touch with Charles Harrison(AKA Inkmaker)....

Tropical Fish Information
He has Levamisole HCI which will work on camalanus better then any other med out there.
And if that is a questionable statement Charles also has most of the other meds claimed to work.

Well it's too late now tiger is sadly no longer with us. He died just after I left to get medication. Ecleast I have learned and will treat the tank and watch for parasites from now on

Well it's too late now tiger is sadly no longer with us. He died just after I left to get medication. Ecleast I have learned and will treat the tank and watch for parasites from now on

What are you planning to treat the tank with?
What med did you go out and get?

I didn't get levimasole. I bought an overpriced medication from petsmart that says it treats all external parasites that the guys says that works. I don't trust it tho

Camalanus is internal .
So if you think that is what was going on .....
The whole idea behind the levamisole is it is absorbed through the fishes skin and gills and all other meds(for internal issues) need to eaten.
Often the sick fish will not/can not eat and therefore the med ineffective.
Watch your other fish closely and particulary for the worm.

Back
Top Bottom