SOS! Help! BGK fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Again, i was shocked by the sight of my BGK fish who seems to nightly worsen in condition :( . Yesterday all his tail and anal fin looked like that had gone through a paper shreder. In all my stupidity I let my older sister move him and the bichir to the 55 gal last night. Well, this morning when i went ot test the water perameters(still have yet to finish). I was happey to see all my fish out and about including the BGK. He looks really active, and happy. A second look and i notice the white tip of his tail is gone. It was bitten off or something u can see a speck of red where his flesh is 8O I havent noticed any aggression from any of the fish (well the gouramies are always duking it out between themselves but whatever) It seems unlikely that any fish would bite off a BGK fish's tale sense they can shock from it. I dont know whast to do :cry: The only thing i can think of that might be a not fish attacker would be my artifical drftwood. It doubles as a cave(it has openings to its inside) and gets narrow in lots of places is it possible he could have scraped it really bad? Help! :cry:

Possible, yes. Keep up on water changes (daily, or every other day) and add in some melafix to cure the sore. You will want to keep pristine water to combat and prevent any secondary infections.

HTH

I agree, it could be that the damage somply has worsened on its own, or was further damaged y contact with something inanimate in the tank. A small dose of melafix may well help to speed healing.

i think you have a violent tankmate, and should pull him out of there as soon as possible. driftwood cannot remove the end of a tail.

Matt.

Well i QT the poor guy in my 20gal and i am currently giving him the suggested dossage of melafix. It has a nice smell to it haha. It got rid of the icky tank smell in my room lol, but any ways i have him in his hospital tank. I can already see improvment on his anal fin :D there is just two really big tears in it now, they were the biggest on the fin. I havent been able to get a good look at his tail cuz he only comes out of the cave when i feed him. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom