Spinal curvature of Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an old female guppy who is about two inches long and three years old. She was bred by me. The males are chasing her quite badly because she is so large. Whenever she tries to swim downwards, her head points down but her body from dorsal back twists up. When she is resting the spine also appears to have unnatural curvature. I confined her to the breeding trap and she seems much less stressed and is eating some flakes. Tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds just like old age to me, but usually when they get old the tail will droop not curve upward. Is she flat stomached? Your sure she is 3 years old? That would be very old for a guppy.

Yes, her stomach is flat. She is three- I know because she was born on Christmas.

Well thats pretty old for a guppy, about as old as they will survive, she probably had internal parasite/infection, it seems. I wouldnt waste money tho just maybe put her in a seperate bowl and let her pass naturally, so other fish don't get it.

Well here she is now-

In a different thread someone suggested intestinal prolapse?

Back
Top Bottom