spotted raphael catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
have 2 spotted Raphael catfish and I never see them eat(work/awake at night sleep during the day) but today I woke up to go2 church and saw both of them swimming around with the light on and they look like they have pot bellys is this normal or are they sick?

I thought about that but both of them? They didn't look like that when I got them like 2 months ago

Idk. How much are u feeding them? They may just be getting fat. A fishes stomach is as big as it's eye's ive heard.

I read something about cory catfish and the females become bloated when full of eggs. And when ready to spawn a male and female will swim together and the female will randomly place eggs throughout the tank and the male will follow her and squirt some of his sperm on the eggs she places. But that's corys.

I just now read on another similar AA post about a similar situation. It turns out these fish are known to have a strong appetite and will over eat causing them to become bloated. Lol.

And the female albino Cory stores the males sperm in her mouth and spits it on her eggs. Eww

I only feed once a day and every other day I give frozen bloodworms as a treat at night

Well start feeding em a little less at feeding tine then and if they keep getting bloated that may be a problem. Even when u think u are done feeding em and they act like they are hungry don't give em any more. They are known to over eat and gorge like fat people when they know they should stop eating, but they still want more food. Lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom