starting to see slight pineconing in my goldfish! HELP QUICK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE:
Nugget is still alive! I decided not to get the clove oil and wait a few days to see his behavior. My hopes for life were starting to diminish, until on day three he started swimming again! I'm extremely happy. His scales are less protruding (which was unexpected) and he's eating regularly.
It was so unexpected! Do I need to do a salt bath to help him a bit (since he may still have dropsy)? And if so, how do I perform it? (Be specific, please!)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very happy to hear that! If he is doing good I would hold off on the salt bath. Keep doing plenty of water changes and let him heal for a little longer.

UPDATE:
Nugget is still alive! I decided not to get the clove oil and wait a few days to see his behavior. My hopes for life were starting to diminish, until on day three he started swimming again! I'm extremely happy. His scales are less protruding (which was unexpected) and he's eating regularly.
It was so unexpected! Do I need to do a salt bath to help him a bit (since he may still have dropsy)? And if so, how do I perform it? (Be specific, please!)

Just add 1tbsp of aquarium salt per 5g of water. This will help reduce stress

How long do I do this for?

Oh, I'm sorry tangs27! I didn't see your comment. I'll keep it off, I'll just do water changes. Could you possibly check my last thread? I have a few questions on fish-in cycling.

UPDATE ON NUGGET:
Everything (well, almost) seems to be doing fine. He's swimming normally, without any signs of trouble, and his appetite is fine. His scales have become normal again and I was relieved.
But now, something's wrong again. On his right side, there's something white that's growing. It's not ich, I'm sure of that, but it kinda protrudes under his scales. Another scale beside it is also getting damaged, and I'm unsure what it is.
I'm so angry that something wrong has to happen to him again. Do y'all know what this is? Could you help?

Let me take some pics

Not the best, but he's a swimmer and would not stop swimming. Will be posting more in a bit.

Attachments

• 1392948300347.jpg
    1392948300347.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 72
  • 1392948314959.jpg
    1392948314959.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 74
  • 1392948326815.jpg
    1392948326815.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 1392948336965.jpg
    1392948336965.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 71
The first pic in this reply is how much it protrudes.

Attachments

• 1392948648463.jpg
    1392948648463.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1392948676389.jpg
    1392948676389.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 70
*note: it is quite fuzzy and it only appeared prominently today. A few days ago, I saw a little white, but it disappeared quickly. Now it's back and idk :(

It looks like a fungus. Do 50% water changes for a week to make sure the water is extra clean. You can purchase a fungus medication to help get rid of it.

I was about to clean the tank, when I noticed the white spot was gone. It looks like his scale fell off (it's just gone - no other way to explain it), and now others are starting to do the same. What's going on? :( does this have to do with the dropsy it may have had? HELP! :(

Back
Top Bottom