Starving Black skirt tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv just noticed over the last couple of days that 1 of my black skirt tetras has lost a lot of weight and when I'm watching him try to eat he doesn't appear to b able to open his mouth to take the food, he's trying his hardest but he can't get food in his mouth!

What's the matter with the little guy and wt can I do to help him???

What size tank? What species are in the tank? Is the tank cycled? What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? How long have you had the fish?

It's a 30G with 4 black skirts 5 rummy noses 4 swordtails and a molly it's cycled it's bin up and running nearly 3 years and iv had the black skirts for 2 years parameters r ammo 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5-10 using Hagen liquid test kit

I was just thinking that, unless you got him when he was very tiny, he may have already had some age to him. Perhaps it's just old age....

Is it possible that he actually has something stuck in his mouth, like a piece of gravel? Or is it just that he can't open his mouth at all....

He doesn't seem to b able to open it at all he was getting food towards his mouth then almost immediately spitting it away from himself

How often do you feed your fish?

Is he pooping at all? If so, what does it look like?

Back
Top Bottom