strange disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I have 250l aquarium with 2 pairs of angelfish, 10 black tetras, 6 coridoras, two pairs of colisa and one pleco. The aquarium is heavy planted. The system is aproximately 1 year old with same plants and same fish.

Two weeks ago, one of the colisas died and after that within two weeks, the other three colisas died and this morning the pleco too. At first i suspected that the colisa maybe died because of age but the pleco was young.

I have double checked the water quality but it seems ok for me. I have a sistem of filters with mechanical, active carbon, biological + ion echange cartriges from millipore.

I havent noticed any unussual simptomes on the other fish, except rapid breathing after the first light in the morning which is than normalized after half or one hour.

I have a suspicion for possibel food poisoning as i bought new tubifex just two weeks ago or possible parasite from the tubifex...

Any suggestions?

Maybe you could try a water change to see if fish conditions improve?

Do you have CO2? Maybe the water doesn't contain enough oxygen for the fish?

Maybe you could try a water change to see if fish conditions improve?

Do you have CO2? Maybe the water doesn't contain enough oxygen for the fish?

It is a possibility too. Usualy i am stopping the aeration during the night but now i will continue with it, to see if there will be any changes. Anyway i have changed 1/3 of the water, and this morning only the black tetras were brething rapidly while angelfishes were breathing normaly.

Back
Top Bottom