Strange question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoVic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This may a strange Question ...... But, how long could a plec survive for out of water ?? :facepalm:

What's happened? Answer is, I don't know, but id imagine not very long...

What's happened? Answer is, I don't know, but id imagine not very long...

now that the panics over I have time to explain ..... my wife wanted me to remove a large sunken ship from her tank ..... this I did but making sure no fish ware within it .... I took ship outside to dry off ... then about 15/ 20 minutes later the wife was saying she couldn't see or find her large Plec "Freddy" it had vanished!!! this was when we realized what had happened poor Freddy was still in the ship :banghead: I couldn't get to him as he had got into a corner so I put the ship back into water ama

Wow! Is he alright? Glad you found him though.

now that the panics over I have time to explain ..... my wife wanted me to remove a large sunken ship from her tank ..... this I did but making sure no fish ware within it .... I took ship outside to dry off ... then about 15/ 20 minutes later the wife was saying she couldn't see or find her large Plec "Freddy" it had vanished!!! this was when we realized what had happened poor Freddy was still in the ship :banghead: I couldn't get to him as he had got into a corner so I put the ship back into water and to my surprise he was to alive!

well the plec survived over night, hes now happily devouring a bit of cucumber.
Even though i checked the ship I'll never know how on earth he was able to hide so well ........ but I've had my orders from the wife ...... She said "CHECK HARDER NEXT TIME" ... yes my dear :lol:

well the plec survived over night, hes now happily devouring a bit of cucumber.
Even though i checked the ship I'll never know how on earth he was able to hide so well ........ but I've had my orders from the wife ...... She said "CHECK HARDER NEXT TIME" ... yes my dear :lol:

Lol. I've learned with my loaches and plecos that anything that gets removed from the tank goes into a bucket of tank water. They will hide a very long time in an ornament or piece of driftwood before getting desperate enough to wriggle out. I've had too many scary experiences, to ever take the chance again. :nono:

Lol. I've learned with my loaches and plecos that anything that gets removed from the tank goes into a bucket of tank water. They will hide a very long time in an ornament or piece of driftwood before getting desperate enough to wriggle out. I've had too many scary experiences, to ever take the chance again. :nono:

Yeah, I checked yesterday and learned I had left my clown loach and peacock eel in the ornament... Last time I get something hollow.

Back
Top Bottom