Strange spot on gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twood9615

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed a spot on the head of my dwarf gourami today, Im not sure how long it's been there but I've never noticed it before. I'm not sure if it's just a mark from being nipped at or if it could be ich or something of the sort so if anybody recognizes it please let me know. I also have melafix that I could use if needed but would it be okay to use that on the whole tank or would I need to quarantine the fish? Please let me know.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387940098.543880.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387940112.912240.jpg

Also I can't find any spots like this on any if the other fish in the tank and the top fin of the gourami is also missing a little bit so I'm thinking it had a fight with one of the tetra but I'm not too sure.

4 lamp eye tetra, they can be nippy but they usually only bother each other I haven't seen them go after the gourami

Okay and that's possible because his favorite spot is in a plant next to the heater, ill start treating with melafix, do I need to quarantine him or will it be safe to just treat the whole tank?

Back
Top Bottom