Stressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bnpleco

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought another apisto. Dwarf cichlid and I was transferring him from his bag to a bucket to acclimate him in when he jumped! It took me several seconds to get him in the bucket .then I realized my drip had been broken so I put him in his bag and he is floating now. He is breathing heavily and he has one fin that will every now and then be clamped. What do I do?

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15 ppm
Ph 6.8

he sounds a little stressed from the tumble. I would QT, turn the light off and watch. He may need just a little recoup before the bustle of the community tank

he sounds a little stressed from the tumble. I would QT, turn the light off and watch. He may need just a little recoup before the bustle of the community tank

I don't have a QT tank I have a fry tank and a community tank his fin is out now. I am doing a VERY slow acclimation now

Just be careful to watch him, his immune system will be compromised and he could easily start a nasty bug in your tank. You really should have a QT. I am getting another one, as my current one broke. its 5-10 gallons depending on the size of fish you keep. and worth its weight in gold sometimes. one small fish can have a world of nasty bugs. I had one small impulse buy, a neon tetra to round out a school. killed the entire tank in a month.

Just be careful to watch him, his immune system will be compromised and he could easily start a nasty bug in your tank. You really should have a QT. I am getting another one, as my current one broke. its 5-10 gallons depending on the size of fish. and worth its weight in gold sometimes. one small fish can have a world of nasty bugs.

Thanks I will have to get one soon

congrats, you may also want to invest in stress coat by API. Its does wonders and I happen to really recommend especially after a tumble. It helps.

Back
Top Bottom