Stringy Poop -- meds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZxC

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been noticing half of my fish are showing stringy poop in all colours: brown - dark brown - white - clear.

Usually my approach is large water changes and high quality food, but that has not solved the issue. I blanched some peas and have started feeding them that, any other household foods to try?

If not, I'm open to some meds. Which medicated foods would work? Or which meds would work? thanks.

Fish are:

Dwarf neon rainbows, apistos, dwarf gouramis, CPD's threadfin rainbows + amano shrimp and neocaridina shrimp are in the tank.

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
NO3 - 20-40 (high tech planted tank, dosing to these levels)
pH - 7.6 dropping to 6.6 with CO2
kH - 4
gH - 8
TDS - 250ppm
Temp - 78

60% weekly water change, feeding NLS flake and Omega micro pellets, very rarely I will feed some frozen blood worms (haven't for 2+ months now though).

Attachments

• fish 30 61.jpg
    fish 30 61.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 93
Prazipro works on internal parasites and is safe to use on shrimp

Prazi pro Is my recommendation as well, also a wide variety of high quality foods, like example I feed my rainbows 6 different things, new life spectrum tropical flake, brine shrimp, tubifex, blood worms (for a treat before water change day), pure spirluina flake and blanched Peas 1 time every 2 weeks

The prazi is a good choice to try.
Look into metro also ?
Metronidazole; by SeaChem, API, More

Love the little fire red male !

He still has a lot of coloring up to do, the females are pure orange (see pic). I am hoping he will do the same. Sold to me as "fire gold" which I'm assuming are very similar (if not the same....) as "fire red".

I've got the Prazipro on order, had to use up some credit from Amazon anyway. I'll continue to feed some peas for now, 2 day shipping means Friday I will dose. It says to remove carbon so I'll go ahead and remove the Purigen I've got in there.

Attachments

• fish 30 55.JPG
    fish 30 55.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom