Stubborn finrot or something else? (Betta)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hassled

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I bought a betta maybe 3 weeks ago.

He is in a heated Fluval Chi 5 gallon tank by himself with an Asian gazebo a moss ball and some silk plants. When I bought him I noticed this brown "scab" on his top fin maybe 1-2 cm big. I thought nothing of it because it was my first betta so I thought it might just be natural. But then his fins started to get tattered so I figured it was probably just finrot.

So I tried to treat him with Bettafix, didn't seem to do anything, so now I am on another medicine, can't think of the name right now and I cannot check at the moment, but I am on day 4 of the treatment and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Am I even dealing with finrot? He still eats very eagerly and is very active.

If I am dealing with finrot how can I finally get rid of it?

Hassled said:
So I bought a betta maybe 3 weeks ago.

He is in a heated Fluval Chi 5 gallon tank by himself with an Asian gazebo a moss ball and some silk plants. When I bought him I noticed this brown "scab" on his top fin maybe 1-2 cm big. I thought nothing of it because it was my first betta so I thought it might just be natural. But then his fins started to get tattered so I figured it was probably just finrot.

So I tried to treat him with Bettafix, didn't seem to do anything, so now I am on another medicine, can't think of the name right now and I cannot check at the moment, but I am on day 4 of the treatment and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Am I even dealing with finrot? He still eats very eagerly and is very active.

If I am dealing with finrot how can I finally get rid of it?

Can you get a pic? Fin rot usually shows as black on the edges. How often are you doing water changes & how big are they? Typically if it is fin rot it can be healed up with LOTS of water changes, no meds needed except maybe some Aq salt if the clean water isn't working. Is the tank heated? The water temp should be 78-80.

Back
Top Bottom