Stunted Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Summer4infinity

Aquarium Advice Regular
I visited my sister this weekend, and she had warned me that her tank was in bad shape, but I had no idea it would be as bad as it was... the water was literally black. One of the (many) horrible things I found in her 10 gallon tank was a pleco that looks like it's been in the tank a long time with little-to-no water changes. His organs still grew so he's a little round thing. I offered to take it home and give it a proper tank size. It survived the 6 hour drive and is now in my 44 gallon. My 100 gallon should be cycled soon, so it will be transferred into it soon. Anything other than the normal stuff that I should be doing for this poor thing? Also, does anyone know what species it is? It looked like a striped possibly, but it's pretty hard for me to tell. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428885140.328612.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428885163.295794.jpg

Hi. What a lovely marked Plec but I can't identify it. It does look to be a species that reaches about 5-6 inches rather than the common Plec monsters though. As for care - good water, good food and a hiding place.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a clown pleco I used to own.

Hard to tell, some clearer pictures would help.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429200476.779820.jpgits tiny compared to my 2 year old ALFBN pleco. It looks like the clown Pleco should end up growing a little bigger than the Albino. I sure hope they won't interbreed.

It will probably grow a bit smaller than the bn, I have had mine for about 8 months and he hasn't grown much in my 75 gallon

Back
Top Bottom