Sudden BN pleco death :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissa

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will first start off with my water parameters as I know you will for them .. NitrAtes - 15 ppm/ Nitrites 0 ppm/ Ammonia more than 0 but much less than 0.25 ppm (approx 10).(assuming from her death).. Ph 7.6 ..**api master kit***. 90 gallon planted running just over 1 year..temp 79 degrees

Okay where to start?... My female breeding BN pleco has had four successful clutches, her last one being approximately 2 to 3 months ago which is the longest time in between.. She appeared healthy in every way Color was good .. eating fine ..swimming fine.. No bullying.. no one else in the tank is affected, however One of my Hillstream Loaches has gone missing in the week before no carcass or anything has been found :(.. so anyway I found her passed away in the cave. I inspected her body she was all greyish white and her tale scales were raised. I don't believe this is dropsy as she was normal the day before ... Is it possible she was egg bound? for some reason they stopped breeding clutches were happening every 4-6 weeks I had moved around some decor slightly and the male seemed to show less interest in his grooming a breeding spot but courted her and chased her as normal. Their behaviour hasn't changed the only thing different was the long span in between. I also do 40% water changes faithfully once a week .. Any thoughts on why she passed?

Back
Top Bottom