sudden fish death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ct67_72

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home to two sick fish one angel and one gbr. I went to the store today to get medicine, and when i got home both were dead. it looked like the ram had fin rot. allmost no tail, very lethargic. no color, the angel looked ok, just a split fin. all my other fish look fine. I am thinking its because the HUGE angel thats in there, and the other small one.

It sounds like aggression might be the cause then. I would keep a very close eye on things and see if the angel seems at all aggressive toward the other tank mates.

thats whats odd, the big angel only chases fish when they are new. one small angel will chase some, but it allmost doesnt seem the case, allthough as soon as they see me they go into eat mode.

It's amazing what stress can do to a fish and what happens when we're not watching. I don't know if this is what happened or not, but the ram may have been stressed to the point of being susceptible to disease, which may have come on very quickly. I have seen this happen with my larger cichlids. If there’s not enough territory (and a large angel wants at least 10 gallons to itself), there may be intimidation when you’re not watching and that kind of stress can lead to death.

Back
Top Bottom